Help Me, I've Fallen and I can't get up by T.D. Jakes

When I first looked at T.D. Jakes' "Help Me, I've fallen and I can't get up," I didn't like the title. All I could see was that earlier t.v. commercial about the elderly woman falling out of the bed and crying for help. The ad just seemed to remind me of my coming old age. T.D. Jakes does write about the broadcast. "Like the woman in the commercial, we must put aside fear, pride, or embarrassment and learn not only how to ask for help but Whom to ask. After all, help is just a breath away." It wasn't long after the first page of the devotional that my mind changed. Thank goodness, God helps us through His Holy Spirit to see truth and think clearly. Each page is powerful and helpful.

I can now say, "my goodness, the title is about me." I have fallen and always feel helpless to get back on the right track. This book is like a primer. It describes the way I might have fallen that day. It shows what God would like to see in my character. So, I get a description of the sin. I also get a description of righteousness which only comes when asking help from the Lord in faith. Then, there are the examples of real people from the Bible  who T.D. Jakes writes about in the book. He really knows how to make these people come alive. Their lives fit into this contemporary world very easily.


Would I recommend this devotional? Yes! For a poor memory or confusion, there are insets. These help me see what is really important in the chapter versus what is not. goodreads.com/book/showHelpMeIveFallen
/destinyimage.com/ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?