Best Poems of the Bronte Sisters by Emily, Anne And Charlotte Bronte (NetGalley)


    Not to read Charlotte Bronte's poem titled Parting seemed impossible for me. Whether by death or something more temporal like travel, I have experienced those moments of missing friends and relatives for days, months and years. At times, I've wondered how to live through the pain of missing their chatter, their laughter, or their tears. My feelings can become wild and full of despair and a seesaw ride back to numbness where I retreat. Charlotte speaks of joy and memories in this poem. What should a person lock on to when the pain of parting is still driving their life?
    I can feel Charlotte Bronte's grief.  Her use of the word "condemned"  seems so final and morbidly sad. However, remembering can give release from the gloominess of their departure. We can hear again, see again, feel again in our minds what was once felt in a more tangible way. It's like serendipity. In our minds, Charlotte Bronte writes, there is visual manipulation. We will think of one another, / As even better than we are. 
    Next in Best Poems of the Bronte Sisters by Emily, Anne And Charlotte Bronte is Emily's poetry. I especially liked "Remembrance." Since we are experiencing cold weather in my state, I could identify with the "cold" mentioned in the first stanza of the poem.
    Cold in the earth—
    and the deep snow piled above thee,
    I also liked the part where the narrator in the poem asks forgiveness if she should forget and not remember past days of young love.
    Sweet Love of youth, forgive, if I forget thee,

    While the world's tide is bearing me along; 
    Lastly, there is Anne Bronte. All the sisters seemed in close touch with the seasons of  the year. In "Memory," spring is beautifully described with its buttercups, primroses and bluebells. I could see the crocus in the last of winter snow. Then, I found it easy to breathe in my personal sweet memories.
    haworth-village.org.uk/brontes/charlotte/charlotte.asp  
    brontefamily.org/history                                  






     

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?