Quote Me

Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.

famousliteraryworks.com/donne_for_whom_the_bell_tolls


  I'm afraid to try explaining this quote. After reading a few posts about quotes, I wanted to write what is one of my favorite quotes.  It is a poem by John Donne. "No man is an island" is the beginning of the poem. The ending is the lines above. I feel the quote means all of our lives are significant and intertwined with one another. If you die, I die a little bit. It doesn't matter whether I know you personally. Your death can hurt me because there is no one who hasn't brought a gift to this earth. Status has nothing to do with it.

 dailypost.wordpress.com/prompts/quote-me/#like-12779

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?