Joy (Philippians Discovering Joy Through Relationship)

Paul had faith. While under house arrest, he continued to joy in the Lord. He never forgot that Phillipi was the headquarters of the Roman government.  Sue Edwards writes that one of his prayers is simply "beautiful." It is found in Philippians 1:1-11.

I think of my life. I spend more time in my house than outside due to a lack of time or not priortizing my time correctly. I am working on making myself take more walks. I want to enjoy the season of winter and the other three seasons. Unfortunately, Paul could not priortize his goals freely. However, he did take control of his mind and use it for God's purposes. He stayed inside this jail and joyfully communed with God in prayer and wrote letters to his friends.

Paul's attitude makes me want to not complain and cry over trials as they enter my life. I pray that God will help me use the Spirit of joy He has freely given me. I am reminded of a scripture about joy. Although I have not read it in years, it still comes to mind from time to time. "Weeping endureth for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." Psalm 30:5


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph