In The Mood...

I'm in the mood for a little Gospel music this morning. On Sunday I listened to Mahalia Jackson. Wow, no matter that she's long gone from us. Her voice is still unique. It's classic. This morning I might throw in a little Andrae Crouch. He's no longer with us either. Still, you can't go long without hearing "that" voice singing about our trials and Jesus.


I was first introduced to Gospel music on WHAT in Philadelphia. My mother listened to Mary Dee on Sundays. Young, I didn't appreciate the Gospel music. I liked listening to Georgie Woods on the same station. He played Motown and other hits.

There is a gap where I didn't listen to Gospel music. One of my son's brought it back to me with the singing in Bishop Patterson's church in Memphis. I suppose tracking the routes in my life is a little bit easier if I remember the church and it's music.

Tiffany L. Warren mentions "We  Are Not Ashamed," with Andrae Crouch. I don't know that one. It surely shook up Quentin in "The Replacement Wife."

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?