Have Tried Several Times....

More than once I've tried to read an article or a book about the loss of a Black child whether boy or girl. Since I love reading novels written by Victoria Christopher Murray, I knew her book, "Stand Your Ground" could take me to the hard places I didn't want to go. I've never lost a child. Well, one time I had a miscarriage very early. That type of loss, I suppose, is very different from one compared to what parents experience when losing a child due to injustice or a drive by shooting or any number of ways we are familiar with today. Yes, as I think about it. Death comes in many forms and tries our hearts in different and unique ways.

I am writing this just to say the novel is painful. Just enough so that I can feel a little bit of what the character, the mother, Jan, is feeling. I especially identified with her memories of her son as a three year old looking at planes with his dad, Tyrone.

I'm still reading the novel. Don't want to rush it. Just wanted to say thank you to Victoria Christopher Murray for helping me to identify with a social issue I've never experienced. victoriachristophermurray.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?