Thankful~

I have been reading a book titled Thanksgiving by Ellen Cooney. The novel takes place during the 17th Century and  in the 18th Century. During that time it took a great deal of work to get ready for Thanksgiving dinner. For one thing, the father or husband had to go out and shoot a turkey. Thank goodness I can go to my neighborhood supermarket to pick a turkey from the freezer.The women also had to keep up with other tasks like dyeing vegetables for projects. If I want to embroider or crochet, I only have to pick beautifully colored threads from my small wooden thread box.  For dyeing purposes, I don't have to pick radishes or onions from the garden.

Thinking of the work done by the Colonials makes me think of the small amount of time I spend searching for recipes on the Internet or in a cookbook. Thinking about earlier cooking and house duties the Colonial people and  among indigenous tribes makes me complain less and react with more thankfulness during the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?