The Road To Becoming by Jenny Simmons



Jenny Simmons, author and Christian musician, shares a period of terrible struggles in her life. During one point, it seemed like one bad day might only lead to a worse day. Without the help of hospitable strangers, Jenny and family, would not have had clothes to put on their backs or a place to stay. In one incident, their RV explodes. At another time, Jenny finds her baby, Annie, bleeding from the ears and mouth. I often gasped over these disturbing events and felt for Ryan and Jenny and the team of musicians. Then, through the simple but inspiring way Jenny Simmons references scripture in The Road To Becoming I felt myself fill up with hope and faith and the knowledge that God never leaves us, and His love for us is complete.

I liked the chapter names. Each chapter title is a step in the process of making our dreams come alive. For example, there is: The Burying and the waiting. I felt especially interested in the chapter about desert life. Thought I would flip out if I didn't find out more information and photos of the Joshua tree. Unforgettable were the kindly gestures from strangers. Gentle people who would have been insulted if their gifts were not taken and used. I thought there really are angels who step into our life at the perfect time. As the author notes, God speaks softly to us in different circumstances.

I have to write that Jenny Simmons owns the ability to make me feel less afraid as I walk my personal adventure.The one important thing is to always remain with Jesus. I must not give up no matter how bogged down the path becomes with mud. Because no matter what the road looks like, feels like, it is our personal story.  The one in which we can finally say halleluiah.jennysimmons.com/, BakerBooks


.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?