Teaser Tuesday



They emerged from the lyceum and came upon the palaestra, a large courtyard covered in sand, surrounded by porticoes, with an entrance to another building at the far side. The palaestra, was buzzing with activity. In the nearer part, a group of about thirty young men were moving through a series of well-choreographed exercises. A young man played a rhythmic tune on a reed instrument, setting the pace for the exercise, as the trainer walked between the others, pausing to correct this one's posture or another one's movements. Farther away, some students as well as adult males were engaged in wrestling matches, boxing, and the long jump.http://adailyrhythm.com/

Comments

Interesting intro -- I think I would read a bit more before deciding. Hope you like this one.
JoAnn said…
Interesting, but I'd need the blurb or to read more before deciding. Hope you enjoy it!
Beth F said…
I agree, it's interesting, but I too would need to know or read a bit more before deciding.
I am fascinated. Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

Here's mine: “THE NEW NEIGHBOR”

Literary Feline said…
This is a time period in history I have not looked into much. Biblical history doesn't especially appeal to me, I am afraid, but, depending on the author and how objectively the novel is written, I might be interested.
Vicki said…
I like the sound of this. I think it's a book I'd like to read.
Tea said…
Biblical History is not always easy for me. This one is becoming more and more interesting.
Kay said…
Interesting. I do like Biblical history and I had to make the book cover bigger to see the words beneath the title. Yep. Biblical history. Enjoy!

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?