The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood



The Penelopiad by Margaret Atwood opened my eyes to the wonders of Mythology. I now know Penelope's story and her Cousin Helen's story along with the tales about Odysseus and Telemachus, the son of Penelope and Odysseus. In everyday language, Margaret Atwood took me back to the romance and capture of Helen, to the long days and nights spent by Penelope as she waited for Odysseus return from afar after years and years had passed. It's like reading the Journal of Penelope. I could see and understand her feelings of envy over Helen's flirtatious, wild beauty. I hope to read Oryx and Crake. I've been in a Margaret Atwood mood for a few weeks now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?