First Chapter First Paragraph

"When Caroline Meeber boarded the afternoon train for Chicago, her total outfit consisted of a small trunk, a cheap imitation alligator-skin satchel, a small lunch in a paper box, and a yellow leather snap purse, containing her ticket, a scrap of paper with her sister's address in Van Buren Street, and four dollars in money. It was in August, 1889. She was eighteen years of age, bright, timid, and full of the illusions of ignorance and youth."http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com

Comments

Unknown said…
Sounds like this book has potential. I'd keep reading.
Literary Feline said…
I wonder if I would have better luck with this book today than I did when I first tried to read it . . . I am afraid I became bored with the story after awhile and never finished the book.
Sounds interesting. The yellow purse makes me think she's a lively character!
My Tuesday post features A LOVE BEYOND.
kayerj said…
sounds like the beginning of a great adventure. I'd read on. Have a nice week. kelley—the road goes ever ever on
Like the intro a lot and it's a book I've wanted to try as well; enjoy

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?