Book Beginnings

Prologue
Item:
a red cashmere scarf
Longhampton, June 2008

Gina wraps her new scarf rightly around her wrist, like a bandage. It's a scarlet cashmere one that she bought on the way home from work two days ago, the color of lipstick and poisoned apples and danger. For something that cost so much, it took no time to buy: she was cold, she'd always wanted a beautiful big cashmere scarf, and the usual sensible voice of caution, reminding her of the gas bill or the council tax, had gone, and in the silence Gina could hear her own voice asking aloud, "Why not?" Berkley, Penguin, Random Thank you.http://rosecityreader.blogspot.com

Comments

I can relate to that impulse! Sounds intriguing...thanks for sharing.

Here's mine: “THE CINDERELLA MURDER”
I like this character already! But I'm wondering why she has the scarf wrapped around her wrist. I'd keep reading to find out.
My Friday post features THE HUSBAND LIST.
Katherine P said…
That's an internal voice I can definitely relate too! I always have to struggle not to buy warm cozy stuff with it's cold and dreary out. Thanks for sharing!
Elizabeth said…
Ooooo...I love the second sentence.

Lipstick, poisoned apples, and danger. Sounds like a great read.

Happy New Year!!

Elizabeth
Silver's Reviews
My Book Beginnings

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?