The Heretic by Henry Vyner-Brooks

There is a point in a book where I feel at ease. This is when  I can say this is a book worth reading. I might be able to understand this book, or I know this book will make me laugh. The Heretic by Henry Vyner-Brooks is a book I picked to review. I have no idea the titles of the other books now. I do remember getting excited about this one. When the book arrived in my mailbox, the excitement kind of left. The book is six hundred pages and not an easy read. It's 1536. There is a lot of Church Poltics going on. There are monks, the Pope, the King, etc.

Anyway, I've just reached the point where easy breathing is possible, I think. I'm beginning to know one character from another character. I'm beginning to get upset. That's a good sign. Upset because there is a good deal of greed and corruption in the church. People are also martyred, burnt at the stake.  Since I don't want to lose my way, or if I lose my way, I might use posts here to keep myself aware of what is happening or not happening. I didn't feel at ease until page one hundred twelve. It took that long. Nothing is wrong with the author. I just had to open my mind to the background of Church history.

Teutonic Knights
 The Order of Brothers of the German House of Saint Mary in Jerusalem...is a German medieval military order, and in modern times a purely religious Catholic order. It was formed to aid Christians on their pilgrimages to the Holy Land and to establish hospitals. Its members have commonly been known as the Teutonic Knights, since they also served as a crusading military order in the Middle Ages.

Comments

Nise' said…
It is books like these that I will write out a character list if one is not provided. Hope the reading continues to be good.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?