First Chapter First Paragraph

http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com

Prologue

"Above, the stars and the moon were hidden, a jet black swirl draped around them making the sky seem not to exist, producing a strange but steady silence, giving pause to the wind. As if afraid of the darkness, the coconut trees barely moved against a teasing breeze making its way off the Haitian coast. That same breeze brought first, slave ships, and eventually, tourists in search of paradise--the Haitian experience was open to all. Foreigners came in droves to see and interact with the French-speaking Negroes."


Comments

Unknown said…
Based on the opening, I'm not sure if I would read more. I hope you enjoy it though.
Beth F said…
Poetic opening! Enjoy.
The opening does not seem to match the cover. I don't think this one would be for me. enjoy
I like the cover. Hope you'll enjoy this one. Happy reading!
Great descriptions! Thanks for sharing...and enjoy.

Here's mine: “THE BOOKSELLER”

JoAnn said…
I like the opening, but the title suggests it might not be a book for me. Hope you like it!
Tea said…
Thanks for stopping by.
That "jet black swirl" definitely sets the mood. I'm intrigued.
My Tuesday post features SAVING SHELBY SUMMERS.
Literary Feline said…
I love books set in Haiti. This sounds like a good one.
Yvonne said…
Great opening and teaser!
Margot said…
What beautiful writing. I hope the story is as good. Enjoy.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?