The Ocean At The of The Lane by Neil Gaiman


From the very beginning of The Ocean At The End of The Lane by Neil Gaiman, I didn't like Ursula Monkton. I didn't like her name either. Then, it wasn't long before I didn't care for the boy's father either. I will never forgive him for the bath he gave his son. Tore me to pieces. Couldn't believe a grown-up in one of my novels could be so doggone cruel. So, Neil Gaiman in The Ocean At The End Of The Lane gives a smattering of reality along with a wonderful world of fantasy. 

Since I've written who and what I didn't like, it's best to hurry and write about whom I did like and what events I liked. I loved Lettie and her family. Really, it's all females in the house except for the narrator who is a visitor and friend of Lettie's. There is Lettie's grandmother. There is Lettie's mother and there is Lettie. I wanted so badly to have the chance to walk down the road to the end of their lane. I really became wildly happy to learn the ocean is the duck pond at the end of the lane. Lettie calls it her ocean. That ocean will have so much to do with Lettie's end or maybe not end of life. It's never called a death. I couldn't think of it as a death because Lettie meant so much to me. However, there is a dead body in the story for those of us who love a mystery.

I can't tell every bit of the novel that made me feel warm and cuddly. I guess here the only thing to do is snip and tuck like Gran. She has the ability to snip out a piece of sky or a tree. So it's by her example that I'm writing this review. 

Neil Gaiman is a wonderful story teller. Everything in where it doesn't belong and isn't what it's supposed to be for the reader. I think he played with my mind. While he fiddled with my head, I happily danced along through each page. Looking forward to reading any book written by Neil Gaiman.  http://www.neilgaiman.com/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?

The Sand Dollar: A STORY OF UNDYING LOVE by Sebastian Cole