Plum Lovin' by Janet Evanovich

Whenever I pick up an Evanovich mystery, I expect to laugh. Plum Lovin'  proved me right. Although, I laughed more toward the end of the book than at the beginning. Matching Valentines for that February holiday seemed like boring work for Stephanie Plum. Anyway, things moved less sweetly as the book moved on but not as dangerously as I am use to while reading books in this series. In this one most of New Jersey is in the mood for love including those who have a huge fear of commitment. Albert is scared too death of walking down the aisle of a church and saying I do to a bride. I didn't know men could really be that afraid of taking wedding vows.

Then, shynesss plays a part in upsetting love life too. One idea works for the butcher. He will talk about meat. As long as he talks about meat, he can talk. It's when he's not talking about beef and bacon that he loses his courage to speak to a woman who attracts him.

All of it's fun. Still, I have more fun with the Number series by Evanovich. I began to have a really good time once Grandma Mazur, Ranger and mom and dad were back in the picture. So this little book is okay. It just doesn't make me want to go to town talking about it. Thank God, Janet Evanovich didn't leave out Lula. Even Lula seems a bit off.  I just wasn't "plum lovin' this book. Will try another little one, but the best, as I said, are Janet Evanovich's bigger books with numbers. I'm due for number seven. evanovich.

Comments

Vicki said…
I have almost all of the number books, but haven't read any yet. I need to make time I think.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?

The Sand Dollar: A STORY OF UNDYING LOVE by Sebastian Cole