Making Sense Of The Bible by David Whitehead

When seeing this title offered by Bethany House, I liked it immediately because of the title. However, there was a sinking feeling that the title might not live up to its words. It did not take long to realize the author, David Whitehead, truly intends to help readers Make Sense Of The Bible. This book made me want to pick up the Bible without fear of not understanding any one of its sixty-six books. David Whitehead's book is a small book. It's very easy to understand. He incredibly and cleverly describes the message of each book of the Bible.

I had so many wrong ideas. I found the right answers. It made me feel like a friend had given me a small and easy quiz to take with the desire that I make a hundred on the quiz. For example, what does it mean when hearing a pastor or anyone say the words "Major and Minor Prophets?" The answer is amazing to me and a simple one. Also, I did not realize there is so much Poetry in the Bible. People read the Bible just for its Poetry. There are metaphors and other poetic methods to lighten our way or darken our way. Then, at the end of all the chapters is a wonderful paragraph describing what has been read in those chapters.

The Bible stories are written delightfully. I wanted to read about the Red Sea opening up again. I wanted to read about Moses and the Burning Bush again. There is the story of Jesus making more wine at the wedding in the New Testament. The author relates this to the wine that will be drank at another wedding which is mentioned in Revelations.

Most of all David Whitehead gets across the point that no part of the Bible is out of date. All of the books pertain to our time of life because these are personal love messages to us from God. This is one of those books that would make a fine gift. It is one of those books that go on a forever shelf in your home. Making Sense of The Bible by David Whitehead is unforgettable, but its also usable. The user friendliness of the book is the best part to me.bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/making-sense-of-the-bible/349331

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph