First Chapter First paragraph

"
"Old Henry Lee stood transfixed by all the commotion at the Panama Hotel. What had started as a crowd of curious onlookers eyeballing a television news crew had now swollen into a polite mob of shoppers, tourists, and a few punk-looking street kids, all wondering what the big deal was. In the middle of the crowd stood Henry, shopping bags hanging at his side. He felt as if he were waking from a long forgotten dream. A dream he'd once had as a little boy."http://bibliophilebythesea.blogspot.com



Comments

I liked the intro and the book Tea, so enjoy! Thanks for joining us.
JoAnn said…
I like the intro... not sure why I've never picked this one up. Enjoy!
Unknown said…
I started to read this book once, but did not complete it. The intro is good. I just think I wasn't in the right mood at the time. It has high ratings. I hope you enjoy it.
I liked this intro and have heard good things about this book. I'd keep reading...
grammajudyb said…
Thanks for sharing. This is one of my favorite books from 2013. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Anonymous said…
I've read this before, and I think you will enjoy it-- lots of atmosphere and character development, enjoy!
Literary Feline said…
I really liked this book and hope you do too. I want to read his second book, but haven't gotten to it yet.
Maybe it's because I live in the Seattle area, but I absolutely loved this book! The intro makes me want to read it again.
My Tuesday post features BETTER THAN YOUR DREAMS.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?

The Sand Dollar: A STORY OF UNDYING LOVE by Sebastian Cole