A Cat On A Beach Blanket by Lydia Adamson

With Pancho and Bushy, two cats, in this cozy I should have enjoyed the book. A Cat On A Beach Blanket by Lydia Adamson never really caught my interest. Since it was a short mystery, I finished it. If it were longer, I might not have bothered finishing it. After the car explosion, I lost interest. There wasn't any character in the cozy whom I loved or hated. I guess the book seemed emotionless. It didn't help matters that I never cared for the amateur sleuth, Alice Nestleton. I wanted to like her. She gives her time to house-sit in Hollandia, New York. That's such a nice thing to do for a friend. Plus, she's a New York actress. I like to read about actors and actresses. Her vocation didn't make me like her either.

She talked about being attracted to Nick. That didn't make me care one way or the other. The third murder with Harry standing in front of a window about to throw a cat out didn't seem to make sense to me. Neither did the murderer sitting Indian style on the floor with a party going on around him make sense. Would a person really shoot five bullets into another person while a party is going on? This isn't Chicago where The Untouchables drove around shooting anywhere.

I could say more about what I disliked. I won't. It's too depressing. Probably, I will try another Alice Nestleton mystery. I want to make sure my reaction is the right one. What did I like? I liked the town for rich people, Hollandia, New York. I liked Pancho and Bushy. I liked Bea's mother. She owns an antique store. I liked Coop, the detective. I love the covers of these cozies. Probably, I will end up reading five more of these books for that reason alone.

The whole idea is that because of a superstition about Striped bass not coming in a rush fisher wives move from their homes. These murders are for revenge. Oh well, I'm getting bored writing this book review. Hope others enjoy it. http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/lydia-adamson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?

The Sand Dollar: A STORY OF UNDYING LOVE by Sebastian Cole