A Veiled DECEPTION by Annette Blair

Friday, January 17, 2014




Madeira who is nicknamed Maddie lives in Mystic Falls, Connecticut. Her most important goal for the year is to get her sister, Sherry's, wedding off to a great start. She is redoing the VanCourtland bridal gown which has come down through the family of Sherry's husband. Maddie will do a beautiful job because her passion is working with Vintage clothing.

However, no one expects Justin's ex-girlfriend's body to show up dead before the wedding day. Strangled with the wedding veil?? Perhaps.

I also enjoyed reading about the Vintage wedding gown, Bruges lace, etc. The solution to the mystery is amazingly romantic, tragic and challenging to figure out. The solution left me thinking of the beauty of family. I also left to think what is taken from us whether fairly or unfairly can never be regained. The time is gone.

One other problem the slang "scrap" drove me nuts. It didn't roll off my tongue easily at least, not until the end of the novel. Now I'm ready for Annette Blair's next Vintage clothing cozy. When I see "scrap," I'll throw it off my tongue very easily. Looking forward to reading this whole cozy series. A Veiled Deception is definitely deceptive. I could have never put the pieces together. [...]

Comments

Eustacia Tan said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?