50 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEAVEN BY DR. JOHN HART



When I began this Christian nonfiction book 50 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HEAVEN by DR. JOHN HART, I admit to knowing very little about such an important Bible topic. I will also admit that seeing the number 50 frightened me. I thought my little brain wouldn't be able to take in so much Biblical information. Thankfully, I can write that Dr. John Hart's book is user friendly. It's written in a simple fashion and also written  in an interesting way. It's not at all like a thick, heavy concordance. It's written wonderfully. Each chapter begins with a question you've most likely asked yourself. At the end of the chapter, there are many Bible verses for guidance. 

I especially liked the question about whether I would see family members and friends in Heaven? That is if I'm blessed enough to go up and not down. Anyway, I also wanted to know would they recognize me and would I recognize them. I also wondered whether they those who have died are still in their graves or are they already in Heaven playing Heavenly Harps. If they're not playing Heavenly Harps, what are they doing? Dr. Hart answered all those questions. These very simple questions have answers you might not expect. I had also heard about "reigning" with Christ, and a new Heaven and a new Earth. Well, what happens to the "old" Heaven and Earth? Does God the Father and His Son recycle materials or what? 

There is a great deal of information about Hades, Gehenna, Hell. However, I don't think there is much written about Satan, the Devil. Perhaps, there is a whole book in mind about Satan.  However, the Devil didn't spoil my Christian reading party. I read wholeheartedly  until the end of the book. As a matter of fact, I turned the last page looking for the next page. It is a great book for a Christian Home Library. It is also a good book for those people who never want to come near a Christian book. It is a book written for all ordinary people who have a strong curiosity about another world. It is also great for parents. As a parent, I know my children came up with all sorts of questions about Heaven.  I am grateful to Bethany House for this complimentary copy.
http://bakerpublishinggroup.com/books/50-things-you-need-to-know-about-heaven/348101

Comments

Rajesh said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?