AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL by DR. BEN CARSON

When I decided to read this book, America the BEAUTIFUL by BEN CARSON, M.D., I was sure the chapters would be about golden wheat fields, beautiful countrysides in America and the mountains and national parks. However, Ben Carson has another way of looking at America and experiencing its beauty. He writes about the Constitution, the laws, the political parties, the symbols of America as a way of appreciating the country in which we are blessed to live. His writing style is amazing. Although the subjects he write about are not simple, he is able to make his points in interesting layman terms. Bravo! I understood every word about our checks and balances, the importance of knowing ourselves so we can make the right choices in government to please ourselves and what Ellis Island and The Statue of Liberty should mean to us.

I remember going to school. The school teacher spent quite a bit of time on checks and balances in our government, but she never caught my interest. Too bad she didn't know how to put her thoughts in a simpler and more exciting way. She did spend quite a bit of time drawing the chart on the board. Well, I know she did her best, but it wasn't until reading AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL that I awakened and thought this is really interesting as well as important. As I read Ben Carson's thoughts, I adjusted my thinking in certain areas because my understanding grew. I feel happy he is an Independent. He writes about his realization that it is impossible for him to agree on every idea of one party. I identified with this point. Some of his thoughts made me want to clap my hands with glee.

I also came away with the realization of how blessed we are to have freedom of religion, freedom of speech and freedom of the press. However, the author argues that freedom of speech might very well be our most important freedom. By the time I finished the book I felt even more happy to be American. I also came away wanting to know more about the constitution and more about the Supreme Court. Since the doctor has been poor as well as rich, it was easier to think he might know whereof  he spoke. His mother was a single parent. He, now a Neuroscientist, is definitely not counting his pennies. So he can look at taxation, loopholes, etc. in a balanced way. I am grateful for AMERICA THE BEAUTIFUL. I now see America as beautiful not just because of its purple mountains but because of the way its governed. achievement

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

First Chapter First Paragraph