The Reverend's Wife by KIMBERLA LAWSON ROBY

I've always heard of the high rate of divorce. However, seeing behind the doors of a bad marriage is really shocking.Charlotte and Reverend Curtis Black's marriage is so awful it would take too long to describe here. I do have to mention Charlotte's part in this stale marriage. Charlotte lives to tell about two extramarital affairs. I say lives to tell because my husband wouldn't allow me to live so long. I always hear of women having one affair but two affairs? That fact really shocked me. Of course, Reverend Black isn't perfect. He has a child from a different relationship, Curtina. For a long time Charlotte had trouble bonding with little Curtina. This made me think about how much and why children suffer over the mistakes grown-ups make when they're in love and out of love.

The novel, The Reverend's Wife by KIMBERLA LAWSON ROBY, is a very serious Christian novel. There is so much about marriage and relationships with our children and friend relationships in the novel. For example, can a friendship between a man and woman ever remain just a friendship without the man or woman becoming unglued and wanting to share more intimacy? I would love to know a statistic. How many of these types of relationships turn ugly? All of the characters Charlotte, Rev. Black, Matthew and Curtina seem very real. Sharon also is very three dimensional. I just hope no Sharon ever enters my life. It's frightening to think that even while attending church some women and/or men can become lost in their imaginary world. It's also frightening to think that it's possible to not hear the truth when it's spoken to us. Once words leave a person's mouth we tend to interpret them any way desired. This is very troublesome. Kimberla Lawson Roby really knows how to write a realistic novel. I am so looking forward to reading more of her books. kimroby

Comments

bermudaonion said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?