TRANSFORMING Prayer by DANIEL HENDERSON



When I think of prayer, the song Sweet Hour of Prayer comes to mind. I have always thought of prayer as an Art. To succeed I must take time to learn the proper attitude, etc.  I would like to hear the words more often The Art of Praying. As DANIEL HENDERSON writes in TRANSFORMING PRAYER, prayer isn't just a "list" of bless hers, bless hims, help that family, make me stronger, please help me pay that bill and so on. Prayer allows us the chance to have an intimate relationship with God. I learned in the book God really does love talking to us through His Word. He also loves hearing us talk to Him. Sweet prayer is the extraordinary experience of friendship between Our Lord and ourselves.

I think the book is magnificently written. It is full of scripture verses. These always help me. Seeing the verses makes me note a passage and get my Bible. I'm not very quick at pulling out a Bible. In one passage I think Daniel Henderson described me well. He writes about leftovers.  "He calls for our passionate best. Instead, we bring spiritual leftovers to the throne of grace. This is not a best practice. Far from it."  I thoroughly recommend Danile Henderson's book. It is a book I will go back to again and again reading at a more leisurely pace.DANIEL HENDERSON'S, TRANSFORMING PRAYER is user friendly. There are questions in the book, insets of important words to remember, scriptures and quotes at the beginning of chapters. "Prayer is vital for transformation, and corporate prayer is indispensable as a part of the process."

Becoming a Christian in deed as well as word is a daily battle for me. Books like Daniel Henderson's prayer book can make my journey smoother. In an inset DANIEL HENDERSON gives clear, precise goals for people as dense as me. "It is worship-based prayer that cultivates a deep repentance in His presence, a growing desperation for His power, and an unquenchable passion for His renown."Transforming_Prayer

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?