how to Be Perfect by Daniel M. Harrell

In How to be Perfect by Daniel Harrell, I opened myself to read a book about Leviticus. Ever since I glimpsed the book of Leviticus in the Holy Bible I have felt afraid to go near that book in God's Holy Word. To me Leviticus seemed more than difficult to read and drier than hay on a farm floor. In church I would cringe if we had to turn to that book in the Bible. Thank goodness Daniel Harrell owns a good sense of humor. It made his book so easy to read. Secondly, he had nineteen church members along with him who were willing to talk about their anxieties and questions about Leviticus. They were willing to become risk takers in a new Biblical experiment.

He and the brave nineteen people chose to seriously put their hearts and bodies to the effort of putting Leviticus in to practice for a whole month. I thought one lady had a very good idea. She immediately bought a child's version of the Bible. That way Leviticus would become much easier to read. Each person in a unique way did their very best to keep the laws given in this book with all of their might. They in no way took their duties lightly. In my book Daniel M. Harrell and his flock seem like the best Leviticus keepers since the Israelites. I truly think that God must have smiled at their desire to love Him fully by striving to become more Holy. Why did they choose to have a Levitical month?

"Our celebration was about discovering that obedience could indeed be a joy--a discovery we hoped would not end with the experiment itself."

As for me I discovered a God who takes mercy seriously and ONE who takes obedience just as seriously. There is so much in this book of the Bible that I have not begun to put in my life. In the movie Love Story, there is a famous quote. "Love means not having to say your sorry."  I now know this is true. Love means more than having to say your sorry, it means apologizing while at the same time making amends for what you have done wrongfully to the person. I had no idea. I excitedly read to my husband the anecdote about Mr. Harrell and all his ministers happening to be busy on the very day of a particular funeral. How they chose who would preach the funeral and what mishap took place during this time is one of the many wonderful, inspiring and delightful personal experiences in the book.

I would like to end this book review by fondly remembering the lady who tried to build a tabernacle in her home, by remembering the man in Ireland who tried to catch a bull and by most of all remembering the Lord Eternal who acts only in Love for each of us.daniel Harrell




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?