hearing from GOD each morning by Joyce Meyers



Unfortunately, I have never met Joyce Meyers in person. When she came to our home town one year my husband and son had the chance to go and hear her speak for three nights. I was at work. My husband excitedly told me over and over about her passion for God. He said she also had the ability to make the audience feel God's presence in the crowded room.

I never doubted what my husband told me. I watched her speak on tv. She seemed to speak to me as a friend. I was sure she knew me through and through as she told about her flaws and the many strengths of her husband. Now for the first time I've enjoyed sitting quietly with one of her books, "hearing GOD each morning."

Yes, Joyce Meyer's  has written many books. This particular book struck me because of the title. I have always wanted to get up each morning knowing that without a doubt God was beside me. This devotional is wonderful because Joyce Meyer writes so simply about intimacy with the Lord. She made me remember  I must come to God as a child, His child. That means I don't need to pretend I know it all.

"Too much head knowledge and reasoning can actually work against us if we are not careful, because we can know God only by the Spirit and the heart, not by the brain."


For example, Joyce Meyer's  in one devotional tells about becoming slightly bored with daily readings of His Word. To remedy this problem she moved her chair to another part of the room. This simple move, moving from where she sat regularly, made her mind open up and see God in a new and splendid way. She began to immediately experience the joy of His presence again. Yes, simplicity, simplicity, simplicity.

Also, Joyce Meyers, like Christ in the New Testament, uses object lessons to make old truths new again. She uses: a dialysis machine, a change of scenery, zucchini bread, a whisper, mountains and musical lyrics on and on and on. Boy, these object lesson help me understand how to draw closer to God. I never was the brightest kid in the Sunday school class or in the adult classes either.

I know this devotional will become well used in our family. For me, I will want to read it more than once as I begin to complain again, forget to pray or just feel grouchy. I will always need a reminder of how to hear from GOD each morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?