Everyday Greatness with Steven R. Covey and David K. Hatch



"Everyday Greatness" is packed with wonderful stories and quotes about ways to lead a full life by giving of ourselves to others with honesty, courage, humility and empathy and other Fruits of the Spirit. Each story is easy to read. There is no need for a dictionary or other Bible helps. I flowed with each story. Anxiously waiting to examine my inner life to see what I never had tried to change, what I had failed to change or what flaws I had denied ever having at all. A notebook comes in handy to write down quotes from Julie Andrews, Christopher Reeves or Colin Powell and other people.

"Everyday Greatness" is inexhaustible. There are a number of ways to read it. I began at the beginning of the book. Then, I thought about skipping over to personal qualities needed for that very week or month. Whatever way you choose to read it you will feel blessed with purpose. For example, there are three everyday choices: the choice to act, the choice of purpose and the choice of principles. This is truly a book I will keep for the times when I feel hopeless, unchallenged or puposeless. It is a tremendous book.

Comments

Ms.Daisy said…
Tea,
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving your nice comment...it means a lot to me that someone found a poem I posted (and thought much of) of value to them also. I am enjoying reading your book reviews, too!

~Jean aka Ms.Daisy

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?