Sins of the Father by Angela Benson

Abraham Martin, a very successful businessman, has a lot of 'splaining to do as Ricky Ricardo use to say on the I Love Lucy show. At one point in time, his life was totally out of control. All of his decisions seemed to be for his selfish comfort. This is why there are so many secrets and so much emotional following two families in the novel. Really, I could not see a light at the end of the tunnel for Abraham Martin or any of his family and a friend.

I suppose this is why "Sins of the Father" by Angela Benson is a fantastic book. At no minute did I feel bored and want to put the book down to pick up another book. I could not put the book down. I read it between cooking, washing clothes, waiting in the car for my husband and in the doctor's office.

I especially loved the names of the characters in "Sins of the Father." It was impossible not to relate the characters in the book, Leah, Saralynn, Abraham, Isaac, Michael, Rebecca and Deborah to their counterparts in the Bible. At the same time, none of the characters in "Sins of the Father" are exact replicas of the Bible's heroes and heroines. This left room for my imagination to work overtime. It felt like I was piecing together a Biblical jigsaw puzzle or crossword puzzle.

I also liked all the twists and turns. Events took place in the novel that I never would have expected. In other words, what happens in "Sins of The Father" is totally unpredictable.

I definitely like the fact that Angela Benson doesn't preach. Each character struggles with some part of their human nature as they try to forgive and forget, prioritize the material vs. the spiritual, going forward in life and beginning again and striving to have unconditional love. I look forward to reading more books by Angela Benson.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Catherine E. Mckinley had a deep desire to know about Indigo. It became her purpose.

First Chapter First Paragraph

Are these the types of lives we are seeing and reading about in the news today?